Seriously, this is what I have in my purse so far.
And the kicker? They are all either red or coppery rosy nude. And when I mean red, I don't mean various different reds; I mean all essentially the same blue-based red. And coppery nude, they're all essentially the same coppery nude. To be fair, they are all different formulations. Some are sheer, some are glosses, some are lipsticks, some are stains.... but seriously, I need to branch out or something.
So when I went to the bank yesterday reached in for my checkbook and came back with the lid to one of the little pencil fuckers, my heart sunk. A lipstick losing a cap in a bag isn't the worst thing in the world, because lipsticks retract. But the Buxom lip stain losing it's cap in the bag means that now the pocket of my bag is COVERED with Buxom lip stain in Busted. GODDAMNIT.
So what gets lipstain off of really pretty (fancy this is my "I a grown up lady!" bag) army green leather and fabric lining? (and what do I have stashed in my car and really everywhere throughout my house?)
Baby wipes. Those suckers clean up EVERYTHING. Three baby wipes later, I have a damp but CLEAN pocket. They left a bit of lint on the fabric itself, but damn if they didn't get every bit of the red off the leather itself.
Oh, and my ipod. And my checkbook. And the pen that was there. Ugh, everything. Goddamnit it Buxom lipstain. But thank YOU weird hippie baby wipes with no preservatives!
(by the way, for the curious, the lipsticks are, from left to right:
- YSL glossy stain, in 101. A lovely nude that unlike every other nude does not wash me out and make me look like a corpse.
- YSL glossy stain in 106. A slightly darker nude. Both from the Rebel Nudes line.
- Le Metier de Beaute gloss in cafe creme. Very nice formulation, sheer with a bit of sparkle.
- YSL glossy stain in 20. A great blue-to-neutral red.
- Le Metier de Beaute lipstick in some red that doesn't have a name cause I got it through their VIP Beauty program.
- Dior addict lipstick in 714, a coppery rose.
- Nars lipstick in Christina, oh wait, a coppery rosy nude.
- Cherry chapstick. The best and only.
- top pencil is the fucking Buxom Lip Tarnish in Busted. Other than the cap, it is FANTASTIC red.
- other pencil is Nars velvet gloss lip pencil in Baroque. Blue based red.
- I guess I should be glad I'd already removed the two other red lipsticks from the bag last week. Sigh.